[OT] Re: SCSI network

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Tue Apr 1 15:37:31 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 14:45 +0200, User Wojtek wrote:
> > May I ask how that works? Everything I've read about scsi is that the
> > throughput determines the standard: so 320MB has a throughput of ~320MB.
> > (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scsi)
>
> there is a bit (exactly 8 times) difference between megabit and megabyte

Ahh! I see now the reference in the footnote. I was under the impression
that the data throughput was measured the same as the throughput for
most other data interfaces (USB, Firewire, Ethernet, Serial, Parallel,
etc...), hence my confusion. No wonder I've never been that impressed
with scsi...

Can anyone tell me why this break in convention?