CPU Monitoring Software

Momchil Ivanov idiotbg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 08:16:18 PDT 2007

On Friday 28 September 2007 14:53:44 sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us wrote:
> I was wanting to see what my servers utilize as far as memory, disk, cpu,
> etc. over a certain time period.  Is there some software that I can use?
> I guess something like the 'top' command that gives an average output over
> a certain time.
>
> I downloaded sysstat for my linux boxes, but it does not want to compile
> under freebsd.
>
> Thanks.

You can use cacti + snmp. All you have to do is install and configure snmp on
all your machines and then set up cacti + web server with php on some machine
to gather all the info from the others via snmp. You will get nice graphs
(cacti uses rrdtools) for almost everything you can get via snmp (disk usage,
cpu utilization, network traffic, load average,...........) where you can
utilize hirstorical view (last week, last month, from xxx to xxx, .......).