want to install free bsd

Bahman M. b.movaqar at adempiere.org
Sat Sep 29 06:25:38 PDT 2007

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 01:20:14 -0700 (PDT) Brian Guest
<brn_gst5 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear questions at FreeBSD
>
>   I would like to install freebsd 6.2 or 6.0 on my pentium three PC
> computer. At this moment my pentium three computer has XP installed
> on it i do not know which files from the freebsd website to download
> and write to a CDRW orCDR could you direct me to the wright files and
> walk me through the process of installing free bsd

Here is the link to the download section:
http://www.freebsd.org/where.html. Select the distribution which you
want -I'd suggest 6.2- and the CPU family which matches your machine
-for you it is i386.  Burn the ISO images to CD and you're ready to go.

Also, this is a great source of information:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html .
In case you encounter errors or have questions, first consider reading
the related section of the hand book, e.g. it has a complete
chapter dedicated to installation:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

HTH,

Bahman