DHCP and DNS

Thomas D. Dean tomdean at speakeasy.org
Fri Sep 28 13:19:27 PDT 2007

I have a Belkin N1 wireless router with a mix of wireless and wired
machines.  2 wired FreeBSD machines, 1 wired Windows machine, 1
wireless FreeBSD machine, -current wpi driver in the works, and a
wireless windows machine.

The wired FreeBSD machines get leases with dhclient.  Looking at the
router with seamonkey, I can see the leases for all the machines.

Do I have to manually create/maintain /etc/hosts on each FreeBSD
machine to use names to access the other machines on the local
network?

Is there a tool to extract lease information from the router?

tomdean