Getting vim to work correctly.

Jay Chandler lists at sequestered.net
Thu Sep 27 23:05:51 PDT 2007

Eric Schuele wrote:
> On 09/27/2007 21:01, Jay Chandler wrote:
>> Howdy.
>>
>> Sorry to keep hitting the list with questions today, but does anyone
>> know how to get the home, delete, end, page up, etc. keys working
>> correctly in vim?
>>
>> It works in Linux, drives me nuts in FreeBSD...
>
> They work perfectly fine here.  How is it you expect those keys to
> behave?  Define "working correctly".

When in insert mode, and pagedown is pressed, the letter the cursor is
over is capitalized, and the editor is removed from insert mode, as an
example.

PageUp capitalizes the letter next to it, and again removes me from
insert mode.

Home randomly capitalizes letters and shifts the cursor to the next letter.

Insert decapitalizes the letter the cursor is over.

Weird behavior like this...

I was mistaken in that this is in vim-- this is in the natural version
of vi that ships with the base OS.

This is happening from PuTTY in default setting mode on a Windows box--
my MacBook is relatively better behaved.

--
Jay Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist