courier-imap

Pollywog lists-fbsd at shadypond.com
Wed Sep 26 14:49:54 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 18:22:09 Bill Banks wrote:
> When I try to login , in my maillog it saids no such file. How do I tell
> it to use /etc/passwd

Which file is missing?  I recently installed Courier-Imap on FreeBSD and some
file was missing but I don't recall which one.  Make
sure /usr/local/etc/authlib/authdaemonrc has a line that looks like this

authmodulelist="authuserdb authpam authmysql"

You should have at least authuserdb and authpam listed.

Also do 'touch /usr/local/etc/courier-imap/shared/index' because Courier will
complain if the file is missing, though it will still work.  I have to do
that in Debian as well because the "index" file is missing.