Software Lojack

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Sep 26 10:20:50 PDT 2007

--On Wednesday, September 26, 2007 12:34:15 -0400 Jerry McAllister
<jerrymc at msu.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 06:12:56PM +0200, Roland Smith wrote:
>

> I know all about various precautions to be taken.
>
> I also know I could write something.  I just wanted
> to know if something like that is already written.

Dell offers this in a hardware solution.  I'm sure they're buying it from
someone, so you might be able to find out who.  Doesn't matter if the
thieves wipe the drive.  The device phones home anyway.  (Bet it only works
in Windows, though, but it might spark an idea or two.)

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst