SSH login banner?

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Wed Sep 26 06:25:13 PDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 09:15:38AM -0400, takhoos at hotmail.com wrote:
> I need to apply an SSH user agreement policy so users agrees to the AUP
> _before_ they login.  Everything I read puts the police on the screen
> after login.  Any ideas?  --Joe

The sshd_config(5) manpage documents the following option:

     Banner  In some jurisdictions, sending a warning message before authenti-
             cation may be relevant for getting legal protection.  The con-
             tents of the specified file are sent to the remote user before
             authentication is allowed.  This option is only available for
             protocol version 2.  By default, no banner is displayed.

Sounds like exactly what you want.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson