xfce-4.4.1_1 strange behavior with Launch Desktop Icons.

Karsten Rothemund karsten at photor.de
Wed Sep 26 01:39:31 PDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 11:07:20AM +1000, Norberto Meijome wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:26:04 -0400
> Lisandro Grullon <lisandrogrullon07 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear FBSD users,
> > I am running FBSD 6.2R with most of my ports upgrade to the latest. I just finish doing a upgrade of Xorg 7.2 to 7.3 because I was having an issue with my keyboard and mouse using 7.2. In any case the reason I am posting this is because after the upgrade, I launch xfce4 using startx and all went ok, yet when I am in my desktop and I try assessing the "home" or "filesystem" icons, they just appear to blink and never get launched, is any of you having this issue, I am not sure if this is a software bug that xfce4 is having. If any experience this, please elaborate. Lisandro
>

> Hi Lisandro,
> have you got Thunar installed? those icons launch your file manager, which by default is the Thunar file manager. I am not sure if there is a way to replace it for other.
>
> You may want to check ~/.xsession-errors to see if there are any errors being issued by xfdesktop or Thunar itself.

Hi.

I also got into "trouble" after upgrade 7.2 -> 7.3: Starting xfce took a
very long time. I find the following in my .xsession-errors:

** (xfdesktop:43005): WARNING **: org.xfce.Trash.QueryTrash failed: The
name org.xfce.FileManager was not provided by any .service files
** (xfce4-menu-plugin:43029): CRITICAL **: Unable to get keyboard/mouse
grab.

** (xfce4-menu-plugin:43029): CRITICAL **: Unable to get keyboard/mouse
grab.

** (xfce4-menu-plugin:43029): CRITICAL **: Unable to get keyboard/mouse
grab.

** (xfce4-menu-plugin:43029): CRITICAL **: Unable to get keyboard/mouse
grab.

I thought, this is because I can't run hald (crashes the machine
instantly) and Thunar complains about not finding hald (saw this, when I
startet xfce via startx on console I think; I can't find it now in the
logs - so not the exact message, sorry).

Maybe, this information can help you (and me ;) with xfce

Ciao,

Karsten

--

Karsten Rothemund <karsten at photor.de>     /"\
PGP-Key:     0x7019CAA5                   \ /