pf redirect question

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass at teledomenet.gr
Wed Sep 26 00:32:03 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 04:48, Jonathan Horne wrote:
> > > i was wondering if it feasable to down the server, take its IP and
> > > stick it on our FreeBSD server, and then use pf with rdr statements
> > > to redirect any traffic from stragglers to the service on the other
> > > new server?

No, don't use the IP on your server. Why you should do such a thing?

You just have to make sure that packets ($old_server <-> $world)
are routed through your $pf box. I guess that's the case for you.
pf will just translate the destination address from $old_server
to $new_server.

BUT, which is this service you are talking about? Cause that's not
feasible with everything.

Nikos