Help I borke my 7.0 AMD64

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Mon Sep 24 14:26:03 PDT 2007

On Monday 24 September 2007 22:47:59 Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wrote:

> Could you please put it somewhere where so that I could fetch it?

Probably the safest way:
pkg_add -r gcc-4.2.2_20070905.tbz

Then set CC and CXX in /etc/make.conf to point to the installed gcc
in /usr/local. This should get you through the build-tools stage. If it
creates issues later on, you should have a libgcc_* in /usr/obj. In fact, I
highly recommend pressing ctrl-c after gcc has been built and copy the
missing library from /usr/obj to /usr/lib then unset CC and CXX
in /etc/make.conf and re-run buildworld.

I just looked on freebsd ftp servers, there's a package for amd64 arch and
7-current dated Sep 15.
--
Mel