Netatalk

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Sep 24 06:35:58 PDT 2007

Martin Hepworth ha scritto:

> the filetyping goes alot better using smb than appletalk with MacOS X

I have to disagree. I think I'm dropping the last Mac OS 9 box very
soon, so I could go to a samba only setup, but in the past I had several
problems with it: filetyping is something I could work around, but for
filenames encoding I could not find a solution.
netatalk, on the other side, works flawlessly.
I'm still trying to educate my users to avoid exotic characters in file
names, but I cannot ask them to rename thousands of files they already have.

(Just my two cents, but if someone can suggest something...).

  bye
	av.