packages compiled from source

Gabriel Dragffy gabe at dragffy.com
Sun Sep 23 08:39:19 PDT 2007

Many thanks too all who ansered, that's really helpful. I just had a
hard time compiling lighttpd and php5 together, so wanted to save
them as packages to spare me the headache in the near future.

Have read the ports man I see that I can change the PACKAGES in the
environment, but how do I change the environment. Would I edit /etc/
make.conf at a guess?