packages compiled from source

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sun Sep 23 08:31:58 PDT 2007

On Sunday 23 September 2007 16:06:39 Gabriel Dragffy wrote:

> Hi, trying to find out where the complete packge files are for the
> packges that I compiled from ports. I wanted to save these somewhere
> so I wouldn't have to recompile them in the future. The handbook
> doesn't shed any light on this:(

If you didn't define the variable PACKAGES in your environment while
compiling, then they are in the directory of the port itself, where you typed
make package.

Note that you can always rebuild installed packages, using:
for DIR in /var/db/pkg/*; do
	pkg_create -vb ${DIR##*pkg/} /path/${DIR##*pkg/}.tbz
done
--
Mel