migrate from postfix to qmail

Christian Baer christian.baer at uni-dortmund.de
Sun Sep 23 06:45:08 PDT 2007

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 08:31:34 -0500 Eric wrote:

>> Don't tell me, tell Dan Berstein (happy hunting):
>> http://cr.yp.to/qmail/guarantee.html
>> Observe point 5.

> DJB has not honored at least one vulnerability in qmail. read the link i
> posted early in this thread and decide for yourself.  theres a word for
> people who say one thing and do another...

Why do you think I put the "happy hunting" there? Didn't travel quite as
sarcastic as the smile on my face when I wrote it. :-)

I don't like qmail much and I certainly don't like DJB's attitude in many
cases. He had a few good ideas however and it certainly is not my part to
try and take that away from him. Besides, I wasn't trying to prove
anything about qmail being good or bad but just something about the
configuration and the parsing.

I haven't looked at qmail in years. Funny that the Version is still the
same as when I used it (that could well be 10 years ago). Today I don't
really care if qmail is secure. That would be a typical case of SEP. :-)

Regards
Chris