migrate from postfix to qmail

Matthijs Breemans matthijs at groov.nl
Sat Sep 22 03:20:41 PDT 2007

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:13:58 +0100, Gabriel Dragffy <gabe at dragffy.com>
wrote:

> On 22 Sep 2007, at 05:29, Lotfi kecir wrote:
>
>> HI, thank's for your post.
>> to give answer to your answer: i rent a dedicated server (Fedora 6)
>> witch
>> has qmail installed on. and in my old Server witch is in our office
>> turn has
>> Postfix.
>> The new sever has as Admin panel Plesk.
>> I already create all email acounts and now i'm looking to transfert
>> all my
>> user acount mailboxes.
>> and i don't have any idea to do it.
>> Thanks for your help
>
> Yeah right. I don't have hands-on experience with any MTA other than
> Postfix, but I never read a good thing about qmail. Thing is, I work
> for a design company - we have 3 VPSs two using Plesk and another on
> extend, I noticed that behind the scenes it is Qmail for all of them.
> How come it is used by these control panels when it is so poor? Just
> a small whine from me :)

If something is widely used, it doesnt mean its good. I think qmail is
easier to configure with virtual users, and i guess someone set the trend
to use qmail on a CP. There are some howto's available on the internet if
you want to run postfix /w plesk

Read this for more info about Qmail and bugs.
http://www-dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~ma/qmail-bugs.html