OpenOffice Java downloads

NetOpsCenter noc at hdk5.net
Fri Sep 21 12:55:22 PDT 2007

Bill Moran wrote:

>>Aloha,
>>
>>I would like to know where the download files for OpenOffice 1.1 are
>>located now. I downloaded OpenOffice from FreeBSD site and it gives
>>error 1 when finished saying you have to install 3 or 4 files from
>>outside. But the files listed on the screen are not listed on the sites
>>given as their location.
>>
>>I checked the archive java files at Sun and they are not there either.
>>
>>I'd even go for switching to different office program which runs under
>>FerrBSD with out all this hassle if it was able to open .doc and .swx
>>files.
>>

>I expect you're going to have a difficult time rounding up all those
>versions of those files, as OOo 1.1 is gotten rather old.
>
>Is there any reason you can't use OOo 2.X?

I have 1.1 in use now on an elderly 4.11 box that works just fine. I
tried to load 2.x last Jan on a 7.0 box and could.t get the files to
download from Sun/Java then. I just set up a new  FreeBSD 7.0 box to
eventually replace the 4.11 desktop This is where I want to install the
Open Office.
So I really dont care what the version is so long as the file names
reflect what the freebsd install error 1 gives when it finishes its
part. I just happened to start this ritual of installing with 1.1 to see
if it worked. Which it did not.

I also see that IBM is releasing their version of OpenOffice as FreeWare
for all OS'es. Is this available as a straight install on FreeBSD oe
linux/FreeBSD as a port?

I have clients who insist using .doc files since they have M$ stuff.
That is why I need a system that can run them  on FreeBSD. I dont do
Windows.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org + noc at hdk5.net +
  + http://internetohana.org   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* +