Can not connect to external modem

Lars Eighner luvbeastie at larseighner.com
Fri Sep 21 10:32:10 PDT 2007

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Marcos Vinicius Buzo wrote:

> I Am having troubles to set up an external serial modem on FreeBSD 6.2.
>
> Here is my dmesg:
>
> sio0: <16550A-compatible COM port> port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on acpi0
> sio0: type 16550A
>
> When I run the following command, the console freezes and I can not
> type anything:
>
> ironman# tip -v com1
> Stale lock on cuad0 PID=70824... overriding.
> connected
>

> Any sugestions ?

please

ls /dev

if you do not find

sio0: moving to sio4

in dmesg, it probably is not identifying the device as a modem.

If it did, the device is on cuad4.  com1 is being interpreted as
cuad0, which is the keyboard, and it is no wonder you are freezing up.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html