My experiment which FreeBSD, stuck with wireless card.

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 21 08:43:22 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 12:29:03PM -0230, Sean at GMAIL wrote:
> Is there a solution to this issue for PCBDS 1.3?  I am using the WN825G on
> an old IBM TP 600.

According to the user guide, this card uses a Broadcom 4306 & 2050.

AFAIK, these chips are not supported under freebsd. Broadcom doesn't
specs and programming information to the open source community. They
only support their customers if they want to make a driver.

For everyone looking for a working wireless card, the following advice;
- look through the manual pages for the networking device drivers to
  locate supported chipsets.
- locate a card with a supported chipset.

Yes, this takes some effort, but until open source drivers are
commonplace, that's the way it is.

Roland