Deleted /var/db/pkg

nikolaj.thygesen at diamondbox.dk nikolaj.thygesen at diamondbox.dk
Fri Sep 21 03:17:42 PDT 2007

> On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:46:03 +0400
> Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 02:01:27PM +0200,
>> nikolaj.thygesen at diamondbox.dk wrote:
>> > Hi list,
>> >
>> >     Suppose you deleted /var/db/pkg by accident :( What would you
>> > do to get it back??
>>
>> I'd go one of these ways:
>> - rm -rf /usr/local ...
>> - rebuild all the packages I need in a chroot, then pkg_add them

I have started portinstalling gnome2 with dependencies and no matter if I
manually build cdrtools or cdrtools-cjk the machine always wants to build
the other one :( As they can't coexist, what can I do to make the
"portinstall -R gnome2" work?? I have (ab)used pkgdb in every conceivable
way and done "portupgrades -o" back and forth, but nothing helps. I'm
currently out of ideas. There must be a way - right??

    br Nikolaj