Does FreeBSD support UTF-8 locale well?

ronggui ronggui.huang at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 23:18:37 PDT 2007

I use zh_CN.GBK as a tentative solution, It works but not as perfectly
as I expected. If I use zh_CN.UTF-8, almost all of the Chinese
characters in the fat32 partition can't be displayed correctly when
mounted.

BTW, is there any plan the improve UTF-8 support in BSD community?

--
Ronggui Huang

Department of Sociology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China

Department of Public and Social Administration, CityU, HK