Which knobs do I use to control BDB use in MySQL-server port?

Aliya Harbouri aliyaharbouri at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 23:08:22 PDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm building my 1st FreeBSD-based box.  Yay, I guess ;-p

I've already installed Berkeley DB v46 from the Ports system.

Now, I'ts on to MySQL server.

I can easily build manually from source, configuring whatever I need.

But, I'm trying to get the Ports system's "knobs" figured out :-/

Building the databases/mysql50-server Port, I see (they'er all in
Makefile, yes?) my choices for knob-settings in make.conf are:

  WITH_OPENSSL=true
  WITH_PROC_SCOPE_PTH=yes
  BUILD_OPTIMIZED=yes
  WITH_INNODB=yes
  WITHOUT_ARCHIVE=true
  WITHOUT_CSV=true
  WITHOUT_FEDERATED=true
  WITHOUT_NDB=true

Turning INNODB on/off is clear.

But I haven't been able to grok how to

(1) Turn OFF use of BDB completely.  The build seems to default to the
bundled BDB

(2) Use the Port install of BDB v46 I mentioned above.

Can somebody explaing the right knobs to turn to do both?

Or, do I have to rely on manual configuration?

THanks a lot!

Ali