End-of-life for my amd64 ?

Charles Bacon crtb at cape.com
Tue Sep 18 14:20:04 PDT 2007

I installed FreeBSD-RELEASE6.2 last January, and wonder if there will be
a 6.3.  Just discovered freebsd-update(8), tried it out, and saw:

     WARNING: FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE is approaching its End-of-Life date.
     It is strongly recommended that you upgrade to a newer
     release within the next 4 months.

1. Now I wonder if I'll have to rebuild my filesystems again when 7.0
    comes out.  ...releases/amd64 contains only 6.1 and 6.2 among the
    ISO images.

2. I've been a wannabe sysadmin for years and have enjoyed FreeBSD since
    it was 386BSD.  However, I am slow to catch up, and would appreciate
    (and suggest) short links to various entities which are either recent
    or important to an admin.  A checklist, much less than a man page, and
    more an introduction, e.g. "freebsd-update(8) does just that, and may
    be useful once the current release has been in use for more than a few
    months."

 	Chuck Bacon -- crtb at cape.com
 		ABHOR SECRECY -- DEFEND PRIVACY