PR/51920: Please add Norwegian Collate support to FreeBSD

Sten Daniel Soersdal netslists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 18:14:33 PDT 2007

Today i found a very old but very useful PR which gave my FreeBSD
servers the ability to properly sort strings containing characters in
the norwegian alphabet. The default (la_LN.ISO8859-1/15) sorts by ASCII
value which is not quite right.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=conf/51920

I had to manually update the Makefile but the .src files where copied as
is. I haven't found anything wrong with them, but I'll be happy to
supply an update if anyone does.

Please take a look at this old issue and put this PR to rest.

--
Sten Daniel Soersdal