SMTP Error from my server?

Eric Crist mnslinky at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:12:42 PDT 2007

On Sep 17, 2007, at 5:40 PMSep 17, 2007, Chris Maness wrote:

> I have not seen this error before.  What does it mean?  (I will
> change the actual e-mail to protect the address from spam bots).
>
> To: NOSPAMtim at adelphia.net
>> From: Mail Administrator <Postmaster@<PostmasterDomain>>
>> Subject: Mail System Error - Returned Mail
>> Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:48:17 -0400
>> This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:
>> Your message was not delivered because the return address was
>> refused.
>> The return address was "<NOSPAMtim at adelphia.net>"
>> Please reply to Postmaster@<PostmasterDomain>
>> if you feel this message to be in error.
>
> Chris Maness
> Sys Admin

Read the message... I'm guessing that tim at adelphia.net added NOSPAM
to the beginning of the address to prevent SPAM from mailing list
aggregators, et al.

Remove NOSPAM from NOSPAMtim at adelphia.net and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Also note that this is an error on the other end, nothing wrong with
your server.

> -----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks