6.2 AMD64 Ports Problem

forum at redpuppy.net forum at redpuppy.net
Mon Sep 17 08:27:00 PDT 2007

I downloaded the 6.2 AMD64 disk 1 iso, installed it and updated the ports with
cvsup. However, when I try to install xorg it's looking for ports that are not in
the packages-6.2 folder. Instead they are in the packages-7-current or
packages-current folder. Is it safe to install from those folders?

In an attempt to get one of the updated ports I put in the /root/.profile
"PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amb64/packages-current" and
logged out. But when I run PKG_ADD -r dri-7.0.1,2.tbz. It tells me it could not
find the port.

Why doesn’t it pick up the PKG_PATH from the .profile?