Good FreeBSD Supported Gigabit Ethernet Card?

Oliver Hansen oliver.hansen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 22:45:36 PDT 2007

I'm looking to eventually upgrade my home network to all gigabit so I'm
going to start by purchasing a few NICs for some old servers I just
received. I know there are quite a few supported by FreeBSD6 which I found
( http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET ) but
I'm wondering if there is any real benefit in buying a $40 or $50 NIC
like the Netgear GA311 or just get a $20 NIC like the D-Link DFE-530TX+.
The use will probably be a firewall, proxy, file server, and DVR.
<http://www.EagleBit.com/Netgear_GA311_Gigabit_PCI_Card_p/eb-400-00357.htm>

--
Oliver Hansen
http://www.oliverhansen.com