CDRW Stopped Working Moving to 6.x

Crist J. Clark cristclark at comcast.net
Thu Sep 13 19:27:39 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 03:15:10PM -0700, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> I know where is your problem the burning device is always cd0

Huh? Burncd(8) is explicitly for ATAPI CD-R/RW. From the man page,

  DESCRIPTION
       The burncd utility is used to burn CD-R/RW media using the ATAPI cd
       driver.

All of the examples on the manpage use /dev/acd0.

> you must give the device node /dev/cd0

If I try it,

  # burncd -f /dev/cd0 -v -s 32 data hw.iso fixate
  burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCGETBLOCKSIZE): Device not configured

Crist J. Clark                     |     cjclark at alum.mit.edu