fbsd & sendmail as MTA

Jack Stone antennex at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 05:26:05 PDT 2007

>From: "Peter Boosten" <peter at boosten.org>
>To: "Jonathan McKeown" <jonathan at hst.org.za>
>CC: orvilleg at hotmail.com, freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
>Subject: Re: fbsd & sendmail as MTA
>Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:00:59 +0200 (CEST)
>
> > On Thursday 13 September 2007 03:46, Jack Stone wrote:
> >> We're switching our MTA from postfix to sendmail on a purely mail relay
> >> server and all is running just fine except for one minor essential.
> >>
> >> Is there any way to have sendmail perform the same service as the
>
>You'll have to look for an external milter.
>Search google for sendmail+milter+bcc.
>
>http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-bcc/ is a good one to start with
>(may or may not fit your needs).
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Peter
>--

Blush... I was so focused on procmail as a tool, I completely forgot snert's
great milters. I use the regex-milter as a front-line wall against junk.

Thanks for reminding me as that sounds like what I'm looking for.

BTW: I'm much better at sendmail than postfix (although it doesn't sound
like it) and as I am the server guy for an ISP, we are moving several
postfix machines to sendmail which may answer that question coming from "G."
I find it hard to master more than one MTA, although far from a master of
sendmail yet. Used it for 10+ years.

Really appreciate the response!

Jack