mount_ntfs as normal user

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Thu Sep 13 03:13:50 PDT 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007 11:27:43 Zbigniew Komarnicki wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 of September 2007 21:49:15 Mel wrote:
> > What is the output of:
> > ls -al `which mount_ntfs`
> >
> > under your user id?
>
> It is:
> $ ls -al `which mount_ntfs`
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  10316 Sep  8 22:36 /sbin/mount_ntfs*

Well, that kills that. Only thing I could think of is setuid mount_ntfs. It's
really weird, cause I can't get ntfs to mount under normal userid even with
correct permissions. What you can do shouldn't be possible for 2 or 3
reasons. I wonder if it's just ntfs, can you mount another partition as
normal user? Like, unmount /usr and remount as normal user or if you have a
less busy partition like /data or whatever.

--
Mel