how to change next boot from windows to freebsd?

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Wed Sep 12 05:31:04 PDT 2007

Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure but cygwin could be of help here.

Not very likely.

The OP might want to try using the Windows boot loader (ntldr) instead
of FreeBSD's, as it is configured by a text file (c:\boot.ini) which can
be edited from both FreeBSD and Windows. There are several online
tutorials on how to use it to boot Linux, use boot1 file for the FreeBSD
boot sector.

I have no idea how to enable the Windows boot loader after both Windows
and FreeBSD are installed on the machine and FreeBSD's loader is installed.