wxPython 2.8?

Neal Nelson neal at nelson.name
Mon Sep 10 01:13:45 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 09:49 +0200, Martin Tournoij wrote:
> On Sun 09 Sep 2007 21:09, Luke Dean wrote:

> > >wxgtk 2.8 is in the ports collection(x11/toolkits/wxgtk28), you're
> > >probably using an outdated snapshot of the ports collection.
> > >See the FreeBSD handbook on how to update your ports collection:
> > >http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html
> >
> > I guess I don't understand the relationship between wxPython and wxgtk.
> > wxPython 2.6 builds with wxgtk 2.6 by default.  If it works with wxgtk
> > 2.8, maybe that's what I need.  I'll give it a shot.  Thanks.
>
> Ignore my previous post, it was late and I thought you couldn't find
> wxgtk2.8, I kind of missed the wxPython part ... :/
> My fault, I'm sorry.
>
> I've cc-ed this email to the maintainer of py-wxPython26, I will look into
> creating a port for py-wxPython28 later today.

I have already submitted a port for wxPython 2.8 some weeks ago but for
some reason it's languishing in the pr database. So if you want the port
badly, hassle some committer to get it committed.

For your reference the relevant PRs are: 115349 for the base port,
115350 for the common parts and 115351 for the unicode port.

Regards,

Neal.