subversion 1.4.4_1: svnserve.in missing

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sun Sep 9 23:49:37 PDT 2007

On 2007-09-09 23:04, Kyle Allender <kallender at completecomputing.com> wrote:
> I'm attempting to install subversion from the ports tree on 6.2 RELEASE
> using:
>
> make install
>
> and receive this error:
>
> [...]
> ===>  Installing for subversion-1.4.4_1
> ** Missing /usr/ports/devel/subversion/files/svnserve.in for
> subversion-1.4.4_1.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Based on what I see in other ports, the .in files are used as configuration
> files for various portions of the build process.  Is this correct?

The path to `svnserve.in' points to the `files/' subdirectory of the
`devel/subversion' port.  You seem to be missing parts of the Ports
tree:

root at kobe:/usr/ports/devel/subversion# ls -l files/svnserve.in
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  - 824 Jul 18 11:03 files/svnserve.in
root at kobe:/usr/ports/devel/subversion#

Try to CVSup your /usr/ports tree once more, and see if you will then
get the missing file.

> Could someone point me to where this is failing?  Is this a bug with
> the port itself?

It shouldn't be a bug, AFAICT.  I've installed the same port & revision
here a while ago:

root at kobe:/root# pkg_info subversion\* | head -1
Information for subversion-python-1.4.4_1:
root at kobe:/root#