ADSL Bandwidth Monitoring

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Sep 8 15:35:01 PDT 2007

Inside the ISP's router.

However even cheap ISP routers you can buy off Ebay for a couple grand
have enough bandwidth to route between multiple 100BaseT connections.  For
example the 7206 has 2 800Mbt backplanes.  That would mean you could
run 500 1.5Mbt DSL customers at full bore to a server on your local
network before contention would set in.  And an ISP with that many
customers can afford a more powerful router than a couple K used 7206.

The upshot is his ISP doesen't know how to troubleshoot DSL.

Ted