FreeBSD 6.2 Installation Problems

G. Yager deborahyager at charter.net
Fri Sep 7 00:06:24 PDT 2007

Hello:

                I'm trying to install release 6.2 (i386 ) of FreeBSD from
ISO disks I've downloaded from the main site.  After installing the main
operating system, I have a problem when trying to install PACKAGES.  When I
select ALL PACKAGES, verify that all of the individual packages have a check
mark, and select INSTALL, I get the following error message: "No packages
have been selected for extraction", with 100% below this message in the
dialog box, and then the O.K. button below.  I'm just about ready to scrap
the whole project, because apparently I can't get all of the components
installed to make X or KDE work correctly.  Please help!

                                                Thank You,

                                                                G. Yager