Installing FreeBSD using a PPPoE connection

asdf fia_wrc_fanatic at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 09:26:14 PDT 2007

Does the FreeBSD 6.2 installer support a network install over an ethernet interface
connected to a DSL modem using a PPPoE connection?

I am switching ISPs from a cable-based provider to a DSL-based provider and would
like to install FreeBSD on an old PC to set it up as a router/firewall for my home
network. And since this old PC does not have a CD-ROM drive I'd like to a network
install using PPPoE.

But I haven't been able to find any current information on how to accomplish this.
There used to be an (unofficial) page by Randy Pratt:

    "Installing FreeBSD Using PPPoE":
    <http://www.treefort.org/~rpratt/pppoe/article.html>

but it's no longer there.

Any help/advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

PS: I am not subscribed to this list, so please CC: me on all replies/follow-ups.