Hello

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Thu Sep 6 06:00:08 PDT 2007

Gabriel Dragffy wrote:

> Using sysinstall I enabled anonymous FTP, with uploads allowed in the
> folder /incoming. Uploading works a treat, however the files don't have
> permissions to be downloaded again (by anon user). I know I could change
> this by executing a cron job every two minutes that would chmod the
> files in /incoming. But surely there must be a far better way...? The
> FreeBSD handbook says it doesn't recommend allowing anon users to d/load
> files uploaded anonymously, however I would still like to implement this.
>
> I'd be very appreciative for any help.

Hi,

Have you seen the manual for ftpd(8)? It's available at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ftpd

You can change the flags passed to ftpd in your inetd.conf (if you
enabled ftpd this way) or in rc.conf (which is another, but different
way to do it). If you don't know these config files, see the respective
manuals.