mail server setup questions

Eric Crist mnslinky at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 13:20:59 PDT 2007

On Sep 5, 2007, at 2:05 PMSep 5, 2007, Andrey Shuvikov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a home mailserver with imap/web access. But I was
> going to use exim. Several people mentioned postfix here, but nobody
> named exim. Is it a matter of personal preference or is exim not
> suitable for this task?

Andrey,

I can't speak of exim or qmail, but I had used sendmail for nearly 10
years before switching to postfix.  I switched was for support of
virtual mail boxes, and better support for IMAP.  Regardless of the
software you choose, it's to your benefit to figure out what you want
to do in the long run, and choose the software that is best going to
allow you to achieve those goals.

HTH
-----
Eric F Crist