My Proxy Server(Squid) in FreeBSD 5.4 used to be hang

Tek Bahadur Limbu teklimbu at wlink.com.np
Tue Sep 4 10:22:51 PDT 2007

Hi Prakash,

Prakash Poudyal wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I have IBM Server which consists of FreeBSD 5.4 and its consist of Squid for
> running proxy server. After running for 2 or 3 days it canonot be  ping the
> server and also does provide the service but you know when I go and access
> that server directly it start to work. It would not be hang , it start to
> work. I donot what is its problem. So please could give me some idea related
> to it.

Without providing some technical aspects of your server and squid
configurations, it's difficult for us to help you resolve your problems.

Are you running squid transparently?

Please post your squid.conf and the output of "sysctl -A".

Also describe your network topology. Are you running some kind of
firewall in your Squid box?

What's the output from the command:

netstat -m

What does your cache.log and access.log say?

Thanking you...

With best regards and good wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Tek Bahadur Limbu