Samba type question

Darryl Hoar darryl at osborne-ind.com
Tue Sep 4 08:20:50 PDT 2007

Greetings,
I have an ageing NT4 file server that is the PDC (windows speak for
primary domain controller) for my windows network.  I have roughly
40 networked pc's connected to this network and most of the clients
are running XP Pro.  I have one client running windows 2000 pro, and
one client running Vista Ultimate (gag, puke).

I would like to know if I can replace that NT4 PDC with Freebsd and
Samba.  I would like real world feedback from people who are actually
running it.

thanks,
Darryl