periodic freeze and reset

Ghirai ghirai at ghirai.com
Mon Sep 3 13:45:28 PDT 2007

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 16:31:41 -0400
Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:

> Ghirai <ghirai at ghirai.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello list,
> >
> > My desktop running 6.2-STABLE is freezing then resetting shortly after.
> > This behaviour happens every couple hours, for no apparent reason.
> >
> > I checked messages, etc, there's nothing there.
> >
> > This is getting annoying... :/
> >
> > I'd appreciate any hints/where to look/what to look for.
>
> My first guess would be hardware problems.  Have you run memtest?
> Checked for cooling problems?  cpuburn to test for a flaky CPU?

Haven't ran any hw monitors/test, but i spend time periodically in windows,
about 2-3 days each time, and it didn't crash reset.

That's why i think there are no hw issues.

In FreeBSD the freeze+resets occur and seemingly random intervals, but
not longer than 30 hours. Mostly within 6 hours.

--
Regards,
Ghirai.