wpa_supplicant question

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sat Sep 1 13:29:46 PDT 2007

On Saturday 01 September 2007 17:28:51 Pollywog wrote:

> Would one use a WEP key in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf  ?
> Mine looks like this and I have a laptop with built-in Ralink rt2500
>
> ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
> ctrl_interface_group=wheel
>
> network={
>         ssid="myssid"
>         key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
>         psk=12345979374andalotorletterstoo
> }

Different wireless protocol. View the handbook section on all the different
authentication/encryption schemes there are. It's very detailed, not just for
FreeBSD:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html

--
Mel

People using reply to all on lists, must think I need 2 copies.