is this for OO-2 for FBSD?

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Tue Oct 30 11:49:15 PDT 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 23:21:25 -0400
"Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gary Kline wrote:
> > 	I'm in  the middle of upgrading some platforms and just
> > caught OOo_OOG680_m6_source.tar.bz2 (278MB) being downloaded. The
> > port says that this is OO-2.3, but the build says Ishould have
> > 	11GB of disk and ~2GB of memory.
> >
> > 	I somehow downloaded OO_2.3 as a package on one platform.
> > Does this make any sense?  How many of us have 2 gigs of memory?
> > 	Seems more than a biit irrational to me.  Or did my
> > 	portupgrade -aP grab the wrong port?
> >

> It got the right port... OOo-2 from ports is really odd anyways...
> some people seem to be able to get it made right out of the box and
> others can't as far I can tell there is no rhyme or reason as to why
> it fails or does not fail....

I wouldn't say that. I've been building it for years, and in my
experience it's just like any other port, mostly it builds,
occasionally it doesn't, when it doesn't I just stick to the old
version until it does. Its complexity make it a bit more unreliable,
but not radically so.

OTOH I use security branches and i386, so I have every advantage.