project management software for freebsd?

Matthias Apitz m.apitz at oclcpica.org
Mon Oct 29 11:20:02 PDT 2007

El día Saturday, October 27, 2007 a las 08:00:36PM +0330, Bahman M. escribió:

> On 2007-10-27 zbigniew szalbot wrote:
> > I am looking for recommendation of software which could be installed
> > from ports and which would help us register new ideas, be able to see
> > if they have been started/completed, etc.
> >
> > I did have a look at Horde but this is not what I am looking for. I
> > do not want a simple task list. Rather something more like project
> > management software (best if installed from ports but it is not
> > really necessary). Many thanks in advance for your recommendations!
>
> You may wish to take a look at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openproj.  Quoted from project's
> "OpenProj by Projity is a desktop replacement of Microsoft Project.
> OpenProj has equivalent functionality, a familiar user interface and
> even opens existing MSProject files. OpenProj is interoperable with
> Project, with a Gantt Chart and PERT chart etc"

I've fetched the source code and even the pre-compiled jar installation
from sourceforge.net; with the source, it took me half hour to guess
how to build and launch it and with the pre-compiled half hour to
make the launch shell script ready to run;

as always: nice Java, but less docs and even more less
robust shell scripts :-) , for example #!/bin/bash as shell
directive ...

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC PICA GmbH