Portupgrade used to be fun!!!

Jona Joachim jaj at hcl-club.lu
Sat Oct 27 07:36:06 PDT 2007

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 00:12:49 -0400
"E. J. Cerejo" <ecerejo at optonline.net> wrote:

> Not anymore!  Every time I cvsup my ports tree and I see all of those
> ports that need to be updated my belly aches and that's because
> portupgrade doesn't work the way it used to work.  It is not fun any
> more!  Always an issue, either a port conflicts with another port or
> it fails all together.  I have forgotten the last time I updated my
> ports without any issues.  Today scrollkeeper is conflicting with
> rarian, they install files on the same directory.  Go figure.  Those
> were the days when it used to work.

From /usr/ports/UPDATING:

    Portupgrade users:
        # pkgdb -Ff
        # portupgrade -f -o textproc/rarian textproc/scrollkeeper
        # portupgrade -a

Seems like a PEBKAC.

From http://code.google.com/p/rarian/ :
"Rarian (formerly Spoon) is a documentation meta-data library, designed
as a replacement for Scrollkeeper."

Not a portupgrade issue.

Best regards,
Jona

--
"I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists
build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns