Is it difficult to move from Linux?

NetOpsCenter noc at hdk5.net
Tue Oct 23 11:55:51 PDT 2007

Donovan R. Palmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using Linux for over 10 years, but have for a number of
> reasons become very interested in learning to use FreeBSD. Are there
> any ex or current Linux users here and could you tell me how hard it
> is to make the shift from Linux?  Is there anything in particular
> which has been written which would be useful to read?
>
> T.I.A.

Read the FreeBSD handbook.

I found out that FreeBSD was much easier to follow (Files and Such )
than Linux  about 9 years ago and have rarely looked back. Unless of
course when a client has Linux on a server or whatever.  If you have run
Linux than you can easily note the file names that are different in
FreeBSD.  You'll see that many  are the same.

Enjoy!

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org + noc at hdk5.net +
  + http://internetohana.org   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* +