The kernel source?

Manolis Kiagias sonicy at otenet.gr
Sat Oct 20 11:59:36 PDT 2007

Roberth Sjonøy wrote:
> How do I get the kernel source for my kernel? I need it to install the
> nvidia-driver from ports, and is there anything else I need to do to
> make the kernel load the driver at startup?
>
> Regards, Roberth

Generally speaking, just edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf and change
reference Driver "nv" to Driver "nvidia"
To load the kernel module, type (as root) kldload nvidia
To make it load automatically at startup, edit /boot/loader.conf and add
line nvidia_load="YES"

If you have not installed the kernel source when the system was
originally installed , you can do it now by running sysinstall again or
use csup as another poster said to download it.