ATM DSL - Firewall - Lan How to configure?

NetOpsCenter noc at hdk5.net
Fri Oct 19 12:41:40 PDT 2007

Aloha,

Anybody on this list know of a how to for configuring a firewall for a 5
IP ATM DSL? I know that the firewall has to come between the DSL modem
and the Switch/router for the 5 IP's assigned. However the gateway IP
must be able to be seen through the firewall in order for the ATM
circuit to work. So you cant use addresses for the nics.  Is there a way
to use  incoming and outgoing nic cards in a firewall FreeBSD  box for
this purpose.
I am looking at a netgear firewall/switch for this purpose but I would
rather use FreeBSD box for this firewall.

Thanks,

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org + noc at hdk5.net +
  + http://internetohana.org   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* +