ccache and DESTDIR for ports?

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Fri Oct 19 05:47:16 PDT 2007

Hi!

I'm installing a small set of ports into lots of jails, using the
DESTDIR support recently added to the ports system. Each jail contains a
unique CVS revision of FreeBSD. I'd like to speed up compiles by using
ccache, but as I understand it, I'll have to install ccache into each
jail since the DESTDIR implementation chroot's into the jail.

Can I install ccache in each jail first and simply hardlink
/somejail/root/.ccache to /root/.cache before continuing compiling the
other ports? Or is that asking for trouble, since each jail might have a
different gcc installed?

Thanks,
Erik