postfix problem

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 09:33:51 PDT 2007

Let's try that again, shall we?

In main.cf, what do the following lines say?

mydomain =
myorigin =
mynetworks =
mydestination =

Fixing these will likely fix your problem. My postfix box is a mail
gateway to our Exchange server, and my main.cf say these things:

mydomain = mycompany.com
myorigin = $mydomain
mynetworks = [list of IP addresses of internal servers allowed to
relay though this box]
mydestination = [null, because I don't host accounts on this box]

If you're still having problems after doing this, I suggest either
getting The Book Of Postfix (ISBN 1593270011 - www.bookpool.com is my
favorite source for technical books) and perusing that, or subscribing
to the postfix list - they're quite helpful.

Kurt